Students will be able to develop lesson plans for pre-kindergarten through fourth grade.Students will cultivate a thorough understanding of student development. Students will be able to teach children fundamental skills in creative and interesting ways.
Requirements for the degree have been designated in keeping with current research and theory in early childhood education.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of child development and learning
- Know about, understand, and value the role of a child's family, culture, and community in children's lives
- Work cooperatively with parents, using an understanding of the family as a context for young children's development
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and dispositions of a reflective early childhood practitioner
- Demonstrate knowledge of health, safety, nutrition, and administrative guidelines
- Develop a thorough understanding of child development and the value of play in children's learning.
- Design developmentally-appropriate curriculum and classroom practices
- Adhere to ethical practices in the field of early childhood education.