The focus of the MBA program at Arkansas Tech University is to prepare you for a business career with the information analysis and executive decision making skills needed in today’s fast-paced business world. If you are interested in enhancing your business or non-business career or are looking at a position of responsibility with your current employer, you may be interested in applying to this program.
The difference you find in the Tech MBA program compared to many others is its focus on the analysis and decision making skills that you will learn. Each course is designed to help you improve your ability to analyze information, not just “crunch numbers”. Employers today are interested in people who can look at data and help the company make the best decisions possible in a competitive business environment.
Unconditional Admission Requirements:
- Applicants must meet the admission requirements for Graduate College; and
- Applicants will be required to demonstrate proficiency in Accounting, Economics, Business Finance, and Business Statistics; and
- Applicants must have:
- a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.50 in an accredited undergraduate program using all earned hours; or
- a score of 1000 using the formula [GMAT + 200*GPA = 1000] with a minimum GPA of 2.50 and a minimum GMAT of 450 (19th percentile); or
- a score of 1000 using the formula [GRE (combined verbal & quantitative scores) + 255*GPA] with a minimum GPA of 2.50 and a minimum combined GRE of 298 (19th percentile).
Conditional Admission Requirements:
- Students with a GPA below 2.50 from a US regionally accredited undergraduate program using all earned hours may earn conditional admission status if they score at least 1,000 on the above described formula; or
- Gain approval of the Dean of the College of Business.
[Note: Applicants who fail to meet the grade point requirement specified for admission may be admitted conditionally to enroll for a maximum of twelve (12) semester hours. If a student was admitted conditionally based on grade point average, the condition will be met if upon completion of twelve (12) semester hours a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or better is achieved.]
The thirty (30) hours of courses for students in this program include the following:
- ACCT 6103: Accounting Analysis
- BUAD 6103: Research Methods
- BUAD 6203: Business Information Analysis
- BUAD 6903: Industry Analysis
- ECON 6103: Managerial Economics
- FIN 6103: Corporate Financial Management
- MGMT 6103: Organizational Management & Leadership
- MGMT 6203: Decision Modeling
- MGMT 6903: Corporate Strategic Management
- MKT 6103: Strategic Marketing Management
Accredited by AACSB
The Arkansas Tech University College of Business is accredited by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB International is the premier accrediting agency for business schools, stressing academic excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement. It also represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Fewer than 20% of the business schools in the world achieve AACSB accreditation.